Speak about anything related to Asphalt 8!

fkw123

Google Play (Android)

Re: Issues - High, Medium, Low

Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:26 pm
Dear @Andreea, my concerns and high issue is , can we have a option for stop timer for all 4 boosters ? the other day i waited in game lobby but no other players join thus causing delaying and waste our duration booster activated :(
no avatar

quailstorm

Veteran

Windows PC

Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:07 pm
Intel i5-3470
8GB DDR3 RAM
nVidia GTX750Ti OC 2GB GDDR5
Samsung EVO860 250GB SSD
Windows 10 1903

lol game should be on high priority, I want the game to run smoothly
I don't know why it triggers Windows search indexer and every game start but it is annoying

Владо_Б

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:15 pm
quailstorm wrote:
I don't know why it triggers Windows search indexer

Maybe they searching for something? It may be сheat programs, but also personal data.
When everything goes wrong, CC is your last hope !
ViSvEv7

no avatar

quailstorm

Veteran

Windows PC

Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:16 pm
Right, it can be. Would need further analysation to determine what it does.

Danger Mouse

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:20 pm
quailstorm wrote:
I don't know why it triggers Windows search indexer and every game start but it is annoying

Have you excluded any directory the game writes to, particularly temp files, from the indexer?

The A8 executable won't trigger the indexer but A8 file system activity could.
no avatar

quailstorm

Veteran

Windows PC

Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:43 am
No, I haven't but I will try to.
Yeah originally I had your theory, but there is an API to search files through the indexer. Needs investigation.

AndreeaFromGameloft

Community Manager

Windows PC

Issues - High, Medium, Low

Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:48 am
quailstorm wrote:
Intel i5-3470
8GB DDR3 RAM
nVidia GTX750Ti OC 2GB GDDR5
Samsung EVO860 250GB SSD
Windows 10 1903

lol game should be on high priority, I want the game to run smoothly

Ok, I'm no expert, but here's what I do when I run big games such as LoL/Apex/WoW/OW on my computer.

I used to have this CPU usage problem when running LoL. What I did was to update my windows 10 to he latest version, entered my Nvidia Control Panel and set all my ''Manage 3D settings'' to off/low/clamp/0, especially the virtual Sync, it won't affect your graphics at all, don't worry.

Another thing you can do is to go under Manage 3D settings, there's a ''Configure PhysX, surround...'' etc. Try to set your PhysX settings Processor to your GPU, not the auto-select. Like this you're forcing your game to run on your GPU instead of eating the CPU's resources.
One other thing you can do is to go back to the Manage 3D settings and SET a custom profile for A8 > Program Settings > Select A8 as the program that you wanna customize, set everything to Clamp/Off/Low so they won't kill your GPU's resources.

Now if any of the above settings don't work, try to bring your GPU's drivers to date of course.

One last solution I have for you and that I've searched/asked people around is that your windows' SUPERFETCH is eating all your CPU's resources.
I don't personally recommend this, but you can try it. Keep in mind that at the next windows update, the superfetch will reactivate so you have to disable it again.

To disable:
Open the Start Menu.
Type "services" and hit Enter
Look for Superfetch in the list and right-click it > Properties
Set the startup type to disabled and click the Stop button to stop the service
Click Ok.

The above thing has had a lot of people saying their CPU usage lowered instantly.

Let me know if this has helped you in any way.

Cheers ^^
''Never one, without the other'' - Greatest story between me and games
no avatar

quailstorm

Veteran

Windows PC

Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:00 am
Don't give advice if you are not an expert, especially if it has absolutely 0 connection to the actual issue.

NoobDriver

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:02 pm
Above comment is savage :D @quailstorm.. at least @andreaa put some effort to response...

AndreeaFromGameloft

Community Manager

Windows PC

Issues - High, Medium, Low

Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:09 pm
quailstorm wrote:
Don't give advice if you are not an expert, especially if it has absolutely 0 connection to the actual issue.

The problem you're facing with the CPU usage being 100% has to do with superfetch thing I told you about.

I've given you all the options that have worked for me in the past. I'm sorry if you found it so wrong :).
Hopefully you will find a better solution in this case.

Cheers :)
''Never one, without the other'' - Greatest story between me and games