Something interesting to share? Come on in!
no avatar

Lina FromGameloft

Community Manager

Windows PC
Posts

7

Server Improvements

Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:03 pm
Hi everyone,
I have some awesome news!

We have installed new servers for the U.S., the Middle East, and Africa. You should notice some improvements in your FPS. :D
So keep an eye out in Free-For-All and Capture the Flag game modes, as well as Team Battle (the latter starting next week tho :P ).

Would love to hear some feedback to know if the servers have improved your gameplay. :)
User avatar

paultaylor57

Senior Member

Windows PC
Posts

494

Re: Server Improvements

Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:22 pm
So does this mean better performance for Eur too? Haven't tried FFA or CTF might give those a go later! Just one more question (I know I'm a pain): Any Netcode improvements anytime soon?
"Take a long good look...err eyes up here mister"
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHINy0pbfjLt0BCy1hYNsQg
DogTag: 1d5196
MC5 IGN: Đ€ΜØŇ ŞŁΔ¥€Ř                              


 
User avatar

InWhatWorld

Senior Member

Windows PC
Posts

407

Location

Alaska

Re: Server Improvements

Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:23 pm
Any information on where the U.S. servers are located generally?
"Deserves got nothing to do with it"
User avatar

ArcticKitsune

Senior Member

Windows PC
Posts

469

Location

Australia

Re: Server Improvements

Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:33 am
paultaylor57 wrote:
So does this mean better performance for Eur too? Haven't tried FFA or CTF might give those a go later! Just one more question (I know I'm a pain): Any Netcode improvements anytime soon?

From what I understand, yes, you are correct. It will primarily target the players on the EUR servers across all three platforms. Players on the APA and CHN servers won't really benefit from this server upgrade.
This was intended to reduce Netcode issues - as the MC5 announcement (https://twitter.com/modern_combat/statu ... 4555113472) noted, latency in those regions (NA, Africa, Middle East) would be improved by as much as 100 ms. Of course, future improvements to other issues are not out of the question, but I don't know enough about it.
PC Player. APA server, dogtag 64626.
Active on Discord + Reddit, feel free to contact. 
Discord: Arctic#8393 
Reddit: u/ArcticKitsune11235
User avatar

paultaylor57

Senior Member

Windows PC
Posts

494

Re: Server Improvements

Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:25 pm
ArcticKitsune wrote:
paultaylor57 wrote:
So does this mean better performance for Eur too? Haven't tried FFA or CTF might give those a go later! Just one more question (I know I'm a pain): Any Netcode improvements anytime soon?

From what I understand, yes, you are correct. It will primarily target the players on the EUR servers across all three platforms. Players on the APA and CHN servers won't really benefit from this server upgrade.
This was intended to reduce Netcode issues - as the MC5 announcement (https://twitter.com/modern_combat/statu ... 4555113472) noted, latency in those regions (NA, Africa, Middle East) would be improved by as much as 100 ms. Of course, future improvements to other issues are not out of the question, but I don't know enough about it.

Thats good to know! Its about time they actually got new servers lol.
"Take a long good look...err eyes up here mister"
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHINy0pbfjLt0BCy1hYNsQg
DogTag: 1d5196
MC5 IGN: Đ€ΜØŇ ŞŁΔ¥€Ř                              


 
no avatar

Mycroft3000

Veteran

Apple (iOS)
Posts

3093

Re: Server Improvements

Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:53 am
PaulTaylor . . . I don’t know how to say this w/o offending you, and I mean no offense, just that you consider changing your standard post. I don’t think anyone cares to see a long laundry list of anyone’s most and least favorite things, etc., every time they post, making what is just a one sentence post take up a ton of space . . . It’s one of those things that seems like a good idea one day to several people in the forum, attaching that long list, then it just stays there even though it never really was that great of an idea in the first place. IDK, it’s not a huge deal to leave it there, either, but it gets old after a while seeing it over and over filling up the thread when I’m just looking for what new info you or anyone is saying. I think I had the same sort of list once but took it down when I realized I didn’t like repeatedly seeing others long lists of nothing new over & over. Your youtube channel is fine, don’t get me wrong, but that’s important info not just a laundry list of blah.

As to servers/connectivity/controls: I’ve never had server issues, and the controls have always been smooth (I play on iPads). Yet my look/aim controls seem to be sticking here & there all of a sudden lately . . .  it has caused me to get killed I don’t know how many times!! I thought maybe with the server changes/issues that might be it, a connectivity thing, as it sort of feels like it “could” be that.
User avatar

ArcticKitsune

Senior Member

Windows PC
Posts

469

Location

Australia

Re: Server Improvements

Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:02 am
Mycroft3000 wrote:
PaulTaylor . . . I don’t know how to say this w/o offending you, and I mean no offense, just that you consider changing your standard post. I don’t think anyone cares to see a long laundry list of anyone’s most and least favorite things, etc., every time they post, making what is just a one sentence post take up a ton of space . . . It’s one of those things that seems like a good idea one day to several people in the forum, attaching that long list, then it just stays there even though it never really was that great of an idea in the first place. IDK, it’s not a huge deal to leave it there, either, but it gets old after a while seeing it over and over filling up the thread when I’m just looking for what new info you or anyone is saying. I think I had the same sort of list once but took it down when I realized I didn’t like repeatedly seeing others long lists of nothing new over & over. Your youtube channel is fine, don’t get me wrong, but that’s important info not just a laundry list of blah.

As to servers/connectivity/controls: I’ve never had server issues, and the controls have always been smooth (I play on iPads). Yet my look/aim controls seem to be sticking here & there all of a sudden lately . . .  it has caused me to get killed I don’t know how many times!! I thought maybe with the server changes/issues that might be it, a connectivity thing, as it sort of feels like it “could” be that.

I do get sticky controls every now and then, but that's to do with my potato PC with zero ram. I doubt the the problems you describe would be connected to the server, but then again, I have no way to confirming.
PC Player. APA server, dogtag 64626.
Active on Discord + Reddit, feel free to contact. 
Discord: Arctic#8393 
Reddit: u/ArcticKitsune11235
no avatar

Mycroft3000

Veteran

Apple (iOS)
Posts

3093

Re: Server Improvements

Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:26 am
Arctic & Lina (feedback from a U.S. player seeing changes start at the same time as the server updates, changes that aren’t for the better) . . . I have over 500 hours playing MC5 (all on iPad, all on fully upgraded and current iPads, never old, slow or out of date ones) and don’t recall the move/aim controls ever sort of freezing for a few moments here and there. It is impossible to tell if it’s bug related to a recent update, server/connectivity, or something else, but I lean towards connectivity for now for two reasons: there have apparently been major server changes recently, and b/c this kind of hesitation in a game, I beleive from past gaming experiences, can be a definite result of sketchy connectivity (I assume everyone has encountered that at some point, “glitchy” connectivity would be another word for it). I’ll never know for sure, though, & I hope it just goes away. I otherwise would doubt the servers . . . I’m kind of torn b/n a new bug and connectivity.

OH!! a P.S. ~ a 3rd and major reason to think it’s server changes: I’m seeing other glitchy things in the game, like normally when I get a kill everything is smooth and the instant I get that kill shot, they’re down. Now I’m shooting at a guy, he sort of freezes, so I keep shooting, but I already killed him, it just takes some moments to register. Or players skipping around a little now and then. Basically, it’s like when you see someone in a game with a bad connection . . . except that is not something I ever saw much in MC5 all these years, and now, after some server adjustments, “improvements,” I’m seeing what looks like everyone in the match behaving here and there like they have a mildly crappy connection. It appears to affect all in the match about equally . . . again making me think it’s GL’s server “improvements.” Hopefully GL is playing so the devs see anything and can fix it . . . although if they actually played you’d think they’d know Marauder has been OP for, IDK, 6 months or more!!
User avatar

ArcticKitsune

Senior Member

Windows PC
Posts

469

Location

Australia

Re: Server Improvements

Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:13 am
Interesting - just to make sure it's to do with the servers and not your device, could you see if other iOS players are having this issue? I have heard of people with server issues - I'll let you know if I get any info regarding this. Do you experience these issues while in FFA/CTF?
PC Player. APA server, dogtag 64626.
Active on Discord + Reddit, feel free to contact. 
Discord: Arctic#8393 
Reddit: u/ArcticKitsune11235
User avatar

paultaylor57

Senior Member

Windows PC
Posts

494

Re: Server Improvements

Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:57 pm
Mycroft3000 wrote:
PaulTaylor . . . I don’t know how to say this w/o offending you, and I mean no offense, just that you consider changing your standard post. I don’t think anyone cares to see a long laundry list of anyone’s most and least favorite things, etc., every time they post, making what is just a one sentence post take up a ton of space . . . It’s one of those things that seems like a good idea one day to several people in the forum, attaching that long list, then it just stays there even though it never really was that great of an idea in the first place. IDK, it’s not a huge deal to leave it there, either, but it gets old after a while seeing it over and over filling up the thread when I’m just looking for what new info you or anyone is saying. I think I had the same sort of list once but took it down when I realized I didn’t like repeatedly seeing others long lists of nothing new over & over. Your youtube channel is fine, don’t get me wrong, but that’s important info not just a laundry list of blah. 

 Sorry I didn't think about it that way XD sorted it now! It never occured to me that it was way too big until I acually looked at it again but I'm glad you brought it up though. :)
"Take a long good look...err eyes up here mister"
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHINy0pbfjLt0BCy1hYNsQg
DogTag: 1d5196
MC5 IGN: Đ€ΜØŇ ŞŁΔ¥€Ř