Found a bug or an issue? Report it here.

Harry Hook

Veteran

Windows PC

Re: Game resets to beginning.

Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:55 am
Hi Hagiz. According to company policy I don't think you will get Owl back.but I am not sure. I am sure you will get compensation though. Oh also don't get another ticket continue the same ticket.

Joy FromGameloft

Community Manager

Game resets to beginning.

Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:47 am
The same ticket is fine. Also, have no worries, I've alerted the team about your case.

Joy
Always use common sense and don’t do anything to another member that you wouldn't want them to do to you. It’s the Golden Rule!

If you're using vulgarities, your post will be edited into one adorable/cute & lovely one!
no avatar

tviorr

Veteran

Windows PC

Mon Nov 16, 2020 12:05 pm
Recapping the status. My copy paste doesnt work well. - Theres too much and stuff gets omitted randomly. Will do it in multiples.

In any case. - Im not sure what to do anymore. Perhaps you should hire more than 1 person to the support staff.
Gameloft Customer Care <support@gameloft.com>Jul 23, 2020, 7:49 PM  ImageImageto meImage       Dear Player,Thank you for reaching Gameloft Customer Care!In an effort to speed up the resolution of your problem, we have prepared the instructions listed below, as they are normally helpful in cases similar to yours: Progress / Items Lost – Progress was reset to the beginning.If they didn’t work, or Progress / Items Lost – Progress was reset to the beginning is not your actual problem, just reply to this automatic email and we will get in touch with you.Most Gameloft games provide an opportunity to synchronize your progress with a social network account and to recover it on the same device or on several devices running the same operating system.If your progress disappeared after device reset / game update / reinstalling game or you have bought a new device, you have an option to recover your old account. All you need to do is to log in the same account (Facebook / Microsoft / GL Live!) you used in game previously.If any of the above steps was helpful and your problem has been solved, please click HERE to let us know.If you have tried everything and the problem persists, or you feel the above does not apply to you, kindly reply to this email, and a representative will reach you as soon as possible.Your ticket ID is 20749087. Please keep it and refer to this number in any follow-up emails on this subject.Kind regards,
Gameloft Customer CareRe: [Gameloft Customer Care - InGameSupport] [Disney Magic Kingdoms] [Microsoft Windows] [Progress/Item Lost Issues] [Progress was reset to the beginning]
Customer Information:
Entry ID 109517296
Name Hans Christian Olsen
E-mail tviorr@gmail.com
Language English
Country Denmark
Platform Windows
Manufacturer Microsoft
Model Windows
Game Disney Magic Kingdoms
Game Version 5.2.0l
Date when the problem occurred 07/23/2020
Username /
Link to the page Tviorr
Description Exactly as the caption describes. My game started at the beginning.- Didnt get the intro, but goes straight to the point where Mickey is jumping up and down in front of the castle with the tap arrow on him ready to start the initial tutorial.I restarted everything completely by starting up facebook first, then starting the game back up. - It reloaded the same, I then connected to facebook and the game gave me the option of continuing with the local data or playing with the facebook data from 3 hours earlier. - I chose the facebook data from 3 hours earlier and the game reloaded and went to... Mickey jumping up and down in front of the castle.Please help, please fix. If its done quickly, I will still be able to progress through the tower event.Regards, Tviorr.
Please give back the 250+ yearly calendar diamonds.
Ad bugs fixed.Thanks! Please compensate the full diamond damage not 1/3 or less. 
no avatar

tviorr

Veteran

Windows PC

Mon Nov 16, 2020 12:10 pm
Hans Christian Olsen
Jul 23, 2020, 7:52 PM
As mentioned in the ticket. I have tried synchronizing game data with facebook. - It offered me the option to change to the facebook data from 3 hours earlier.

Hans Christian Olsen <tviorr@gmail.com>
Jul 23, 2020, 10:37 PM
to Gameloft

gameID is apparently 2566:asa:f1d1gf

at least thats what it says when I load the game now. Not sure if it was before it reset.

Jul 27, 2020, 1:01 PM
to Gameloft

hello?

Jul 30, 2020, 5:58 PM
to Gameloft

anyone there?

Virusfri. www.avast.com

Aug 3, 2020, 2:34 PM
to Gameloft

So far Ive missed out on Owl (thats the newest character)

Apart from that ad gems

Calendar stuff and gems, streak stuff and gems

Tokens, magic

level up time (say at a rate of 1 level up scroll per day)

event gems, tokens/currency

etc. etc.

From experience I have trouble believing that youd compensate all this properly, Im thinking it wont even be close and that as usual you will just cite policy when this is pointed out to you.

So let me just point out to you that if this is the way we are heading, youve helped me break my game addiction in here and that Im caring very little about this game at this point. This is very unlikely to change if the compensation ends up being as meaningless as the waiting time on a fix. - But of course if the powers that be dont care that players quit playing in disgust while waiting for glitches to be fixed or because compensations dont match the stuff missed out on while unable to play, then the way to go is to look up what the policy says and forward an amount of gems that have no bearing on the problem at hand.

Kind Regards, Tviorr
Ad bugs fixed.Thanks! Please compensate the full diamond damage not 1/3 or less. 
no avatar

tviorr

Veteran

Windows PC

Mon Nov 16, 2020 12:11 pm
Gameloft Customer Care <support@gameloft.com>
Aug 5, 2020, 3:01 PM
to me

Hello Hans,

Thank you for your message.

We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing difficulties.

I have located and sent the proper save file to your account.

Please launch the game with a Wi-Fi connection enabled. You will receive a pop-up prompt to load the save.

Please let me know if the save file was loaded successfully.

Kind regards,
-------------------------------
Anastasia
Customer Care Agent
http://www.gameloft.com/
http://support.gameloft.com/
IMPORTANT NOTICE: The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material of Gameloft which is for the exclusive use of the individual designated above as the recipient. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact immediately the sender by returning e-mail and delete the material from any computer. If you are not the specified recipient, you are hereby notified that all disclosure, reproduction, distribution or action taken on the basis of this message is prohibited.

Aug 6, 2020, 3:52 PM
to Gameloft

Not sure if theres a savegame available when/if the game finishes starting up.

Presently it displays the load screen - the one with the game id 2566:asa:f1d01gf where piglet, pooh and owl is standing next to each other.

the checking content bar fills slowly then fast, then disappears for a little while. Then a pop up window displays saying "connectivity check" below in the window it says "connection successful. Thank You" The pop op window stays for a few seconds then winks out and a second or two later the checking content bar show again and the loop begins again.

So far Ive hung around for about 20 iterations of the loop and Ive kept it running.

Please help.

Aug 6, 2020, 4:03 PM
to Gameloft

Still nothing.

Just messaged. Didnt seem to register.

In any case here goes again: Not sure if the savegame is available inside the game as the game will not load all the way now. - It loops when checking content.

More specifically I get the load screen with my game id (not sure if its the same game id it used to be or if its for the reset account: It says 2566:asa:f1d01gf.

If its a different game Id originally, it should be in my earlier tickets.

In any case the "checking content bar" shows, fills slowly then quickly, then disappears for a few seconds. A pop up window show up saying "Connectivity Check. - Connection successful. Thank You."
Pop up window then disappears and a couple of seconds later, the "checking content bar" shows up again and the loop starts again.

Watched it about 20 times and Ive kept it running just in case. Please help.

Gameloft Customer Care <support@gameloft.com>
Aug 7, 2020, 3:51 PM
to me

Hello Hans,

Thank you for your e-mail.

Please try the following steps to resolve the problem:

Delete your DMK credential (Start -> search "Credential Manager")

Web Credential Tab
Find the one saved by "Disney Magic Kingdoms"

Click "Remove" (make sure to delete credential first before uninstalling the game)

Re-install Disney Magic Kingdoms and make sure you are on latest version and able to enter the game.

Let us know your current User ID.

We are looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,
no avatar

tviorr

Veteran

Windows PC

Mon Nov 16, 2020 12:13 pm
Aug 7, 2020, 8:29 PM
to Gameloft

Deleted the Disney magic kingdoms save in the credential manager.

Uninstalled and reinstalled the game. The game loaded.

Got the choice of a save game from the 23rd of july, but thats also a restarted game.

My latest ID is :2566:asa:de20c71

Ive tried to dig up the original one as well and I think that should be (2566:asa:680g1).- You didnt ask for that, but maybe thats useful.

Please help.

Regards Tviorr.

Aug 8, 2020, 4:30 PM
to Gameloft

Started the game up today and my original Id seems to be back. - The savegame you dug up for me was also there and everything seemingly works again. - Of course with the 2 weeks of damage and missed stuff, but still. Thank you.

Im not exactly sure how much further back the savegame was than the crash, but it should be obvious from the missed days in the calendar. - I restored one day and spent 5 gems on that, which I probably shouldnt have as it was just magic yesterday. -

In any case its 2 weeks + of downtime. Ive listed much of the important stuff I missed out on above in one of the other responses. Not sure if I mentioned happiness, but that of course tanked and will take a lot of time rebuilding without help.

So what can we do about all the missed gamestuff. - Owl, Calendar, calendar streak, ads, event currency, happiness, magic, level up time etc. etc. etc.?

Virusfri. www.avast.com

Virusfri. www.avast.com

Aug 19, 2020, 1:27 PM
to Gameloft

Still here.

Sep 2, 2020, 9:21 PM
to Gameloft

still here, but more importantly, my game has more or less stopped saving locally. - Only very occasionally will the game start up again with the progress I made saved locally when I start the game back up.

Usually what will happen is that I get a choice of keeping the local data, which can easily be half a day older than the cloud data, which is usually up to date within a few minutes. - Occasionally the cloud data loses more than a few minutes. This is of course especially problematic when my internet connection is unstable or I dont have access to the wifi with my private laptop - as progress is then irrevocably lost. - 3 or 4 times this event Ive lost a tower run or more.I must admit Im not well versed in the technical details of computers or browser games, but I find it so difficult to understand why the game doesnt just save. It could be via a save button that you actively press, it could be an automatic save that should at the very least work locally when I close the game by pressing the x in the top right corner. Seing as those two dont exist or dont work, its rather important that a fairly rapid auto save function works. - It should be possible to have one that saves at least locally at least once a minute.

I dont understand why this is can be a problem and I dont understand why this is allowed to stay a problem. Players regularly complain about it on the forum and have done so for more than 3 years.

Please fix this.

Also, Im still waiting to hear what we can do about the 2 weeks+ of missed game due to the glitch above. - For practical purposes I missed the entire previous tower event. For the present tower event, Owl would now be doing tower runs. But I dont have owl as my game disappeared for more than two weeks... See above for details.

Kind regards,

Hans.

Virusfri. www.avast.com

Gameloft Customer Care
Oct 17, 2020, 1:53 AM
to me

Hello Hans,

This is Gameloft Customer Care.

Please accept our sincere apologies for such a late reply.

Could you please specify whether the problem you contacted us about has been solved now?
What is your current player ID?

I hope to hear from you soon.

Kind regards,

Elena
no avatar

tviorr

Veteran

Windows PC

Mon Nov 16, 2020 12:14 pm
Oct 21, 2020, 4:58 PM
to Gameloft

well, yes. It does seem to imply that support is overworked or understaffed or both.

In any case, the above problem persisted until your above mail. More specifically it worked like this: The game did not save locally at all except when the cloud loaded the savegame from the cloud. - Then the local save would take that save game and save locally. The next time the computer had been shut down/the game had been closed, the cloud would load the freshest savegame (generally losing little or nothing as in a minute or two at most except for very rare situations). The local savegame would then replace its savegame with the fresh savegame from the cloud and offer that the next time the game started.

However, approximately at the time of your above response, the game started saving locally again and has saved correctly since. - I assume you did something to affect this. Thank you. That problem is solved.

Im still waiting to hear whether we can do something about my missed streak of days, that I missed owl and for that matter the accumulated list I missed out on from when the game glitched for 2 weeks+.

Hoping to hear from you soon ;)

Oct 28, 2020, 4:02 PM
to Gameloft

local save game is failing once again. Cloud save game is unstable and losing me progress especially when Im busy.

I can only reiterate how annoying it is and that Im playing dmk less and less as a result.

Virusfri. www.avast.com

Virusfri. www.avast.com

Nov 13, 2020, 8:45 AM (3 days ago)
to Gameloft

Once again, the above lack of local save cost me 5 diamonds because I did a long session that for once didnt crash and took a little while to log bag in. - My streak wasnt registered because of it. - So I had to pay 5 diamonds to retain it.

Virusfri. www.avast.com

Nov 14, 2020, 10:52 PM (2 days ago)
to Gameloft

4 weeks since I heard from you.

Hans Christian Olsen
11:44 AM (29 minutes ago)
to Gameloft

And lost progress. Not too bad, but a 4 hour event quest in the Mandalorian event wasnt started. Theres enough time pressure without that.

Harry Hook

Veteran

Windows PC

Mon Nov 16, 2020 5:10 pm
So sorry tviorr. I hope you get everything back soon.
no avatar

Mashal Wahla

Windows PC

Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:32 am
Lost my progress for second time. My ticket ID is 21285247 and user ID is 2566:asa:61d1c4