Multiplayer Suggestion

Moderators: Cycona2704, Dev Team

SpeedyBoi

Apple (iOS)

Re: Multiplayer Suggestion

Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:07 pm
A report function.
To avoid false accusations, the reporter would have to highlight a part in the race replay and explain what they think happening. I'd like this as it would make reporting infinite nitro cheaters a lot easier.

Running Bird

Expert Racer

Apple (iOS)

Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:14 am
Start matching on car rank, rather than player league. As of now, with a given car, you're only allowed to go so far.

If you get close to a league that Gameloft doesn't think you should be in with your current set of cars, you get matched with cars you cannot possibly beat, and you get matched with them non-stop. Lose 50-ish points, and you get realistic matches again. Get close to the next league again, and you get the impossible matches again. Lather, rinse, repeat.

As a result of this glass ceiling (and the 360, which has been discussed and voted on elsewhere), multiplayer is the least enjoyable part of Asphalt 9. If it weren't for the rewards, I wouldn't participate at all.

I'm sure the current system looked good on paper to the folks who make these decisions at Gameloft, because a pay to win system is money in the bank, right? Problem is, this is way too obvious. It's 110% blatantly obvious.

Some of the less self-aware soft launchers will probably still disagree and insist that the current system somehow emphasizes skill. Well, you have cars that practically drive themselves to Legend league, and when you didn't have them yet, hardly anyone else did either. As a global launcher, the multiplayer experience is terrible. Don't believe me? Start a new career now and see how far you can go.

Multiplayer could be fun for everyone if it were about driving skill rather than which cars you have. So I'd like Gameloft to ponder this simple question: Surely in the long term, a feature that's actually enjoyable will be more valuable than a feature that is but a necessary evil to get ahead in career?
no avatar

Bg1968

Google Play (Android)

Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:20 am
Good day. As i read from so many players, the multiplayer aspect ain't sorted as yet. From own experience i tend to find that the balance are corrupt, saying so because on several occasions cars with higher ratings tend to be treated with preference. They don't crash when bumped, boosted or side smashed even if they are not doing so currently. One instance another car bumped me from behind just short of finish line, but because the game gave him preverence he jumped right over my roof after another bump from behind, just so that he could finish in front. Multi player will be my reason to uninstall if time comes. Else itit'an awesome game.
no avatar

GozBox7

Windows PC

Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:56 pm
i suggest to remove knockdowning in multiplayer

LontruS

Windows PC

Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:05 pm
Make a 3 choice for MP servers like
Matchmake touch drive
Matchmake tilt drive
Matchmake buttons drive

I play touch drive as i cant get use to with these buttons the game have and especially cause it's auto acceleration that really is bad choice when you need buttons.

And do something with the positioning in the start of the race. I am positioned in 6th to 8 place like 95% of the time i play MP.
When i get somewhere in the front 1 to 3 position i will crash as soon ass race starts or when i get ahead i will crash even after i go to a jump and dont do barrel rolls or stunts and land on 4 wheels on a solid street where it should be ok to land.

And do something about the knockdowns in this game. I get knocked down way to much while i cant knockdown pretty much nobody. I see that i hit others but they are like shielded for knockdowns. Once i landed on opponent and i crashed is like why.

If someone is in front of me i cant nitro knockdown him i can only bush speed on the front guy and while he does 360 i will be knockdown. While if someone is bushing speed on me and i want to knock him down with 360 i cant and usually end up either reverse or knocked down by my self.

LontruS

Windows PC

Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:31 pm
Fix the end race point system too
I have got 4th place out of 8 players that all finish the race. As i start pretty much always from the last position i have no chance to get first most of the times.

When i got 4th place i lost 10 points while 5th place didnt win nothing and didnt lose nothing too. How is that fair to me lose 10 points while next guy didnt lose anything ? Then i have seen that 6th place lose less points then 5th place what is weird too and makes no sense.

2 star D classs should race only versus 2 star D class and not with versus C and B or even A class.
Whats the point to play multiplayer when the odds are against you in every possible way. You play with Lancer and get against 911 gts coupe or Aston Martin Vulcan. What chance these people have that use that lancer ?
no avatar

Caio_APG

Google Play (Android)

Brasil

Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:17 am
Almost uninstalled the game minutes ago, multiplayer right now is a total mess, people lag everywhere, you are there driving and then your car is simply destroyed by someone lagging, some times you try to hit someone and nothing happens, than a second later the same person touch you, I said TOUCH, and you get not just destroyed but absolutely OBLITERATED. Everybody uses touchdrive on MP, what's the point of going competitive when you don't need to have skill, I really can't understand... 

I will try to use the fortnite example here, already payd more than 50 dollars on skins for that game, if you pay nothing you can still play just as usual and do the same things, win matches and all because it is not pay 2 win, thanks to this, people put money on that game because they like it, because they were not "forced to pay" to be competitive.

LontruS

Windows PC

Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:47 pm
[quote="Caio_APG"]Almost uninstalled the game minutes ago, multiplayer right now is a total mess, people lag everywhere, you are there driving and then your car is simply destroyed by someone lagging, some times you try to hit someone and nothing happens, than a second later the same person touch you, I said TOUCH, and you get not just destroyed but absolutely OBLITERATED. Everybody uses touchdrive on MP, what's the point of going competitive when you don't need to have skill, I really can't understand... 

I will try to use the fortnite example here, already payd more than 50 dollars on skins for that game, if you pay nothing you can still play just as usual and do the same things, win matches and all because it is not pay 2 win, thanks to this, people put money on that game because they like it, because they were not "forced to pay" to be competitive.[/quote]
What skill you talk about in a game that has auto acceleration ? Especially on android devices  where there are low end devices to middle range and high end devices where that hardware matters too in the game and same with connection to server. So without touch drive you can go to shortcuts where with touch drive you cant. Thats not a skill, it's only advantage. And then when your start position is in front and your rank is way over others as you have faster car so again you have advantage over skill. I dont like to play MP cause i always start in the last plase in the start and  always crash when my position is front cause some how my car that is either Evora or 911 2 star maxed is slower then others that are same or lower rank that are behind me in the start position. They do 360 and i am crashed. While when someone is in front of me with slower speed my nitro wont takedown them and 360 same. 

This auto acceleration is bad with the manual controls and thats why i use touch drive that has it's own flaws. Like when your ramed off the road you want take the car still wants to drive there and then either crash in the wall or slows down to zero in speed. I dont like the manual controls cause the car will either under steer or really over steer. Then take sensitivity lower to like 25% and it does not want to turn at all. And with drifting that steering sensitivity does  not matter what so ever.

I would use the manual controls if i could have the auto acceleration off on Windows 10 but i cant so there for i dont see a point of the manual controls. 

Would be nice if they make a button that will use nitro and takeover in the same time when someone is in front of you with slower speed.
And that take over wont crash the front guy. I dont need to takedown the opponent  i just want to get past him. It's not fair for me when i start in the last position only in MP and then have slow speed blockers in front of me the full race and there for i have even less chances to win the race's. I am 65 points away from Platinum leagu but i dont care to get there as then i will get opponents i wont win anyways cause i have 13 cars open and only the slowes D class cars are 3 star and not even maxed. They are maxed but not with the special parts these uncommon cards and rare cards.
no avatar

R34P3R GR1M

Apple (iOS)

Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:51 am
Removing touchdrive from multiplayer. Skill is the one thing racing games have going for them and touchdrive almost totally removes it.

LontruS

Windows PC

Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:44 pm
[quote="R34P3R GR1M"]Removing touchdrive from multiplayer. Skill is the one thing racing games have going for them and touchdrive almost totally removes it.[/quote]
Sorry but there is no skill when something is automatic. You have auto acceleration in game that already eliminates the skill part.
So you can take corners and move right to left thats not a skill.

When we talk about skill then you need to have everything manual even a gear change.
And this is arcade game too so it's not built for skill